In this episode, Dustin Howes, Sr. Affiliate Manager at PeopleConnect, discusses scaling a SaaS affiliate program.
Dustin has 12 years affiliate marketing experience and recently joined PeopleConnect which provides better ways to explore, find and manage information about people.
Dustin explains the keys to performance marketing and discusses:
– What performance marketing is.
– Establishing realistic expectations and goals, and understanding that affiliate marketing is a long-term approach.
– Why research is the foundation of success, and what to include in your research.
– Why focusing on the fundamentals such as your partner signup page, network description, SEO and email automation is critical.
– Building a recruitment list.
– The partnership funnel and what makes it a long process.
– Tools to use at every affiliate program stage.
– Examples of companies doing exceptional affiliate marketing (e.g. Thinkific and Loom).
– Types of SaaS partners to recruit. Tip!: Be laser-focused on what types of partners you want so that you can find them.