Azure Virtual Desktop is Microsoft’s cloud VDI solution with centralized security, management, and scalability built-in.
It’s an efficient and flexible approach to desktop virtualization without compromising control.
Azure Virtual Desktop works across your devices and apps, with full-featured experiences for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. The web client also allows you to access your remote desktops and apps from almost any modern browser.
- Set up Azure Virtual Desktop (formerly Windows Virtual Desktop) in minutes to enable secure remote work. Provide the familiarity and compatibility of Windows 11 with the new scalable multi-session experience for your end users and save costs by using existing eligible Windows licenses.
- Access Windows 10 and Windows 11 desktop and applications from virtually anywhere Bring your own device (BYOD) and access your desktop and applications over the internet using an Azure Virtual Desktop client such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, or HTML5.
- Choose the right Azure virtual machine (VM) to optimize performance and leverage the Windows 10 and Windows 11 multi-session advantage on Azure to run multiple concurrent user sessions and save costs.
- Leverage the seamless Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office experience – Provide employees with the same experience they’d have on a local desktop or laptop—whether they’re managing their inbox with Outlook, sharing files in OneDrive, or collaborating with colleagues on Microsoft Teams.
- Modernize your Citrix and VMware virtual desktop infrastructure – Maximize your investments and skills by integrating Azure Virtual Desktop into existing desktop and app virtualization environments with Citrix DaaS for Azure and VMware Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure.
- Remote app streaming – Remote app streaming allows you to run your app in Azure and stream it to a remote device. Use Azure Virtual Desktop for app streaming to create a low-latency, high-performance user experience from virtually anywhere on any device.
The partner site provides an overview of the program for VDI partners, and on their partner blog Lisa James, Senior Partner Strategy Manager for Virtual Desktop, describes the GTM campaign resources available to support channel sales of VDI solutions, including:
- A VDI Specialization. Become certified in this competency. By earning an advanced specialization, partners gain access to associated benefits that help expand their customer reach and drive customer confidence in their validated capabilities.
- The Partner Marketing Center (PMC) campaign includes assets such as an introduction, sales guides, pitch deck, and infographics. Download the assets and use them to educate your sales team and integrate into customer campaigns to generate leads.
- Accelerate adoption with Azure Immersion Workshop for Azure Virtual Desktop. These partner presented workshops help multiple customers develop their understanding in one-day workshops on Azure Virtual Desktop which include detailed hands-on labs.
- The Azure Virtual Desktop partner forum – As a valued partner of Microsoft and Azure Virtual Desktop, you will get to hear from the partner community on product updates, offers and hear from other partners on how to improve and accelerate your Azure Virtual Desktop journey.