These marketplaces offer customers direct access to cloud-based services, making them a preferred option for purchasing IT services.
Consequently, traditional channel sales are diminishing as customers opt to buy directly from cloud providers.
To stay relevant, channel partners must prioritize offering value-added services and support that differentiate them in the market.
Hear these insights and more from Tim Lowe, Director of Partner Ecosystem (Southeast) at Red Hat.
- 00:54 – Guest intro – Tim Lowe, Director of Ecosystems, Redhat.
- 3:30 – Who are the hyperscalers?
- 4:44 – How hyperscalers & their marketplaces are making a wave with channel and partner ecosystems.
- 6:21 – Co-innovation and co-creation: Biggest opportunities with the emergence of hyperscalers and their marketplaces.
- 9:35 – Rapid adoption of hyperscalers & its effects on the channel.
- 13:18 – Future of value-added resellers (VARs) & managed service providers (MSPs).
- 17:05 – Revenue impact? Will revenue sharing be the key source of income for MSPs in the future, versus billable services hours? Or is there still going to be demand in the market for service-based revenue?
- 20:38 – Impact of hyperscaler marketplaces on Red Hat’s channel strategy.
- 22:28 – Challenges & pitfalls with hyperscalers.
- 25:25 – Should vendors help partners differentiate from competition by leveraging the hyperscalers?
- 27:43 – Future of hyperscalers & evolution of marketplaces.
- 30:52 – How hyperscalers may affect the future of partnerships.
- 33:04 – Conclusion.